The Second Life Tourist

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Hollow Gothly

"Haunted Silent Peacock Hotel"
Miss Penny Peacock has recently inherited the Silent Peacock Hotel. But little did her grandfathers will say anything about it being haunted.

     A phone call about an unexpected conference found me in the small town of Hollow Gothly much to late on a Monday night.  My assistant didn't inform me that she had tried 5 other hotels before finally finding a room available at the Peacock Hotel.  
So when I arrived I was expecting 5 star accommodations and the few from the outside was implying I wouldn't be disappointed.


I was a little startled by the outside décor, but then again its Halloween, and I know some people get excited about that.

Eager to get to my room and get a decent nights sleep I simply ignored it and made my way into the hotel.  A kind man behind the counter gave me a strange look when I arrived, as if I was out of my mind for being there, but it was late, and the hotel almost deathly quiet, so I assumed his attitude was merely to the fact I was interrupting his chance to laze off.


I noticed a maid on my way to the room attempting to do some sort of clean up.  I wish then I had of paid more attention but I didn't and simply avoided eye contact with the hired help and walked on by.  The smell of must came to me as I opened the room, decorated in antique furniture and looking like it hadn't been cleaned in some time, but I was so eager to sleep that I decided to complain in the morning.  The bed was hard as nails, making me toss and turn, till finally I gave up completely on sleep and decided to head down to the bar.

I headed to the church at first, when all the lights suddenly went out.  My heart racing in my chest, thankful I was in the middle of such a peaceful spot, I fumbled in my purse till I found the little flash light attached to my keychain.
The lights came back on to this and ................I can't lie, I was frozen in terror for a moment, watching this strange scene unfold in front of me before turning on my heel and getting the hell out of there.
I ran through the first set of doors I could find only to find the whole place had become some sort of horror show

With the lights still off, scrambling between floors to find my way, I manage to make it to the front door.  I didn't bother looking back, didn't bother to head to my room and gather my things.  Thankful I had my purse on me I ran out the door and down the road , waving down the nearest taxi and getting the hell away from there, leaving Hollow Gothly in the rearview mirror

Definite 5-5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment