The Second Life Tourist

Monday 3 October 2016

INVICTUS a tour into the words of William Ernest Henley

       Some are drawn to music, the sound of instruments played, soothing something in their soul and putting troubled minds at ease.  Though I remain a lover of music it has always been words that have soothed the most troubled places in me, and those words more often then not, seem to take the form of poetry. 

     Today Invictus was brought to my attention.  Not the poem, for it has been a long time favorite, but the sim designed by Storm Septimus.  This talented artist decided to set to life, Invictus by William Ernest Henley, by giving us the visual of what the poem brought to her mind.  This was not only one of the most visually stunning sims I have ever seen but it allowed you to actually feel the words William Ernest Henly wrote. 

A definite recommend For all, brilliant job Storm Septimus, I look forward to seeing what you do next.  To all that visit don't forget to join the group and donate to keep this stunningly beautiful place open.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA25/130/112/22

 Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul







 In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced or cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning's of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed
 Beyond this place of wrath and tear
Looms but he horror of the shade,
aand yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid


It matters not how straight the gate,
how changed with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul











xox

No comments:

Post a Comment