The Second Life Tourist

Friday 20 April 2018

Kanaloa Surf Beach

Kanaloa Surf Beach

Rated: M for Moderate

Owner: Watarushore

 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chi/125/212/22


I AM DONE WITH WINTER!!!!







April 20th and can you believe it, if f%&$ing SNOWED TODAY!!!!!  This Canadian feels like winter is never going to end.  True the snow didn't stay, and I can finally see my tulips in the front yard poking their greenery through, but it doesn't change the fact that it SNOWED TODAY!!!!

So, frustrated, angry and freaking cold, I logged onto second life today and officially declared I am done with winter!  I then proceeded to go through my inventory and find my cutest, barely there summer items to prove how serious I am, and headed to the nearest beach, hoping, that perhaps, if my AV could feel the virtual sun, I would warm up at least a bit in real life.


As some of you know from previous posts, I adore the beach and water in all worlds and could easily devote the rest of my life to living on one as long as I had the money to keep the tequila sunrises coming, so Kanaloa Beach was a delightful place to park myself.

Now I will admit, in rl and sl, i'm kind of a pampered beach bunny.  True in both worlds I love to sail but my time on the beach isn't spent trying to break my neck with sports.  I just want to have some drinks, soak up the sun, and enjoy the sound of the rushing waves.

I can appreciate those who love to surf and water ski to name a few of the sports available, and to those who do, this is certainly your sim.  The first thing you will notice upon arriving is the huge waves rolling into shore that seem to beg for a surf board.  Don't worry, you won't have to look too far, you can find them scattered through out the sim and available for use.  When speaking with owner Watarushore, I learned that he is in rl and sl, devoted to the sport and eagerly wanted to make a sim where all could enjoy not only that, but the feel and calm of the ocean.


This location has been open to the public for two years now, and was scattered with people when I arrived.  Some of which were surfing, other simply enjoying the surroundings.


To my fellow photographers, the sim doesn't provide a huge amount of animated objects, but you will certainly find a stunning back drop to any pose you take with you.  


Now to answer that burning question.................................I loved my time at Kanaloa, I will totally be back and recommend you all go as well, but damn it my hands are still cold in real life.  This mind over matter S&*T didn't work!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment