The Second Life Tourist

Monday 6 March 2017

Paradiso

PARADISO

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Flirt/190/90/24


   Paradiso, Italian for Paradise or heaven.  Definition of the world Paradise as described by Webster dictionary: Heaven, as the final abode of the righteous 2. an intermediate place for the departed souls for the righteous awaiting resurrection, 3. Eden.

     Now you may be wondering why I decided to start this blog post this way, with a description of the word used for a sim.  The reason is that this sim simply lives up to its name.  When I first arrived I feel like I walked into a Monet painting. 

Monet's Water Lilies, not Paradiso

     The colors taken from the above painting surround you in the form of flowers, tress, butterflies, and all reflect of the water floor.  Its like walking into a dream or what some might envision as heaven.  I doubt there is a soul in second life who couldn't walk into this sim and not feel completely inspired to create.  This little world, created by Cain Gestalt (cainabel......................does anyone else find it amusing he created his version of heaven and his name is Cain Abel?, or have I just had too many years of Sunday school?) is not simply a good photographic sim, its a visual work of Art in second life, and if I had a way to give it anything beyond our 5 out of 5 rating I certainly would.  In fact when I first arrived there I simply sat for the first half and hour simply watching and thinking because I was so in awe of the shear beauty.  Cain Gestalt isn't just a creature of a simply beautiful sim, he shows that with enough creativity that you can make a sim into a visual work of art.  After enjoying a few hours on the sim I was delighted to have created these pictures, inspired by my Favorite Emily Dickinson Poem, and the above painting.
A Charm invests a face
Imperfectly beheld
The Lady dare not Lift her Veil
For Fear it be dispelled.
But peers beyond her mesh,
And wishes, and denies
Lest Interview annul a want
That image Satisfies










No comments:

Post a Comment